Sunday, January 9, 2011

We love Bali because...

the statue watching us eat breakfast
 Everyone tells me I am beautiful and everyone tells my mom she is the PERFECT mother.



Hello All! Diandra here. After 48 grueling hours of traveling, I arrived in beautiful Bali, and naturally the first day I had to go to all of mom's haunts. 
fresh fruit YUM

the morning offering
banana and pineapple pancake (a mix of a crepe and a pancake) and nasi goreng (fried rice with an egg)
After breakfast overlooking the rice patties, we walked into town. My mother was right when she said how friendly everyone is, also very forward. THEY SPEAK THEIR MIND HERE! No beating around the bush with the Balinese. Everywhere we went there were people telling me how beautiful I was. They loved my dark hair and light skin, and to think, I would do anything for their flawless dark skin.

We ventured into the market, EVERYONE is trying to sell you something! They are yelling "Hello good price for you!" We just had to continue on, looking at everything (we will go back to shop OF COURSE but it was just so overwhelming the first time!) After this we continued our walk down the main street, where we then stopped at Bali Buddha for some REDONKULOUSLY colored drinks. They were delicious, energizing, and hydrating, which is just what you need here in the Bali heat (even though mom has been claiming I have had such cool and dry weather...yeah 85 and humid...cool and dry...)
the market



offerings anyone?

looks just like mom's garden

super-charged green drink


Finally, last night I got to experience this wild SOCIAL LIFE my mother raved so much about. She took me to Jazz Cafe, where she is a favorite clearly. We got fruity tropical drinks (the legal age here is 18 WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!), had some dinner, and then did some dancing. We also concluded that (no offense) but her generation of white people may be some of the funniest dancers EVER! At least they were really into it... (one woman even had the "elaine dance" down)


Well that is all for now, we are going to see the MONKEYS :D

Much love from the
travelin' woman and her travelin' daughter






1 comment:

  1. So amazing - how wonderful you 2 can share the Bali experience....somehow makes the l o n g hours of travel worth it! Love the pictures - and the commentary!

    ReplyDelete