Saturday, January 1, 2011

Selemat Tahun Baru 2011

dancing the night away at Jazz Cafe
the greats line the walls (I used to see Monk regularly at Bradley's in the Village in NYC)


As you were all going about your day on Friday morning, I was partying the night away at Jazz Cafe!
Monsoons all night.... I arrived feeling as though I was in the middle of my third bath for the day.  
Whereas the Balinese 's New Year is Nyepi, arrives in March, and is a holiday of quietude, reflection, fasting and no electricity... (yes, like Yom Kippur), they have decided to wholeheartedly celebrate western New Year's Eve (they never miss a chance for a celebration).   So Many Fire Crackers for the past two weeks! 
Moose and I havin' a ball
Ayu my lovely friend (she's a priest in her other life)


Moose (my son!)



decorations from the ceiling,all handmade

blessed JazzCafe

offerings in JazzCafee

Wishing each and everyone of You a New Year of harmony and balance within you; be kind to yourselves.....and help heal the world.  Show love at every opportunity...... let our humanity shine through.
Love, hugs, smiles Phyllis
Ex-pat June from Australia is a fantastic dancer
Agung, our wonderful host and guitarist extraordinaire
travelin' woman






No comments:

Post a Comment